Review the findings from the latest WalletHub study.
A new study by WalletHub used 30 key metrics, ranging from the share of millennials to millennial unemployment rate to millennial voter-turnout rate to find out which states are the Best States for Millennials.
The Top 5 Best States for Millennials are:
- Washington, D.C. (also ranks highest in percentage of millennials already living there!)
- North Dakota (lowest unemployment rate)
- Minnesota (highest millennial homeownership rate)
- Massachusetts (highest percentage of millennials with health insurance coverage)
- Iowa (ranked #1 in lowest housing cost for millennials)
Below is a map with the rankings for each of the 50 states:
We recently reported on a study that set out to find out How Much You Need to Make to Buy a Home in Your State, which may have left you wondering what the average salaries are in each of the five states listed above.
According to WalletHubs research, the top 5 states with the Highest Average Millennial Salaries are:
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
Every day, more and more millennials are aging into the Responsibility Zone, the time in their lives when their responsibilities start to dictate their behaviors. For many, this includes buying a home. The top 5 states with the Highest Millennial Homeownership Rate are:
- West Virginia
What’s next for you here in Seattle?
Might be a good time to connect with your trusted Metropolist broker to talk about the best neighborhood for yourself and your loved ones.