It’s the middle of summer and Seattle is cooking! Both seasonally and in the real estate market (still, some more). As a broker, it’s a good time to take a few minutes, now that we’re almost 7 months in to 2017 and take a quick pulse on how your business is doing.
In short order, the 5 things to check in on are:
- Clock hours & licensing status
- Fall & Winter client appreciation plan
- Is the firm still a good fit?
- What can I do now?
We’ll dig in a bit more to each of these five components. When you’re taking the pulse on your business, it’s about checking in quickly. Summer time is tough: days are long, people are ready to move and buy, but you can likely check in on all of them in 5-10 minutes or less.
Why do this now?
Taking the pulse on your real estate business does a couple of things at this time of year.
- It allows you to view your business dealings at a bit of a distance. Take a minute to catch your breath, take a step back and ask yourself, “Hey, how’s it going…in these specific areas?”
- If you identify new goals, or revive a goal set earlier this year, you still have time to make some great progress in achieving those goals and have a strong finish to the year.
Does that seem like a reasonable use of a little bit of time? Let’s do it!
Finances are one piece
Take a minute. Review the year since January. It may be helpful to check in on bank deposits, bookkeeping software for a quick P&L (Profit & Loss statement) or maybe have a 2-minute call with your CPA.
Clock hours & licensing status
Double-check in on when your license expires, where you are with CORE & Ethics classes and how many clock hours you currently have.
- What’s needed before the year is out? More clock hours?
- What would you like to learn? Want to have more fun on social media? Improve your marketing system or morning routine?
- How would you like to improve? Improve on buyer consultation conversations or on delivering unsolicited CMAs?
What’s the plan for Fall & Winter? How will you be expressing client appreciation to the brilliant people in your database?
How does it feel at the firm you are currently working with? Is there enough education? Support? Guidance? Is it a nurturing space? A beautiful & collaborative environment?
What other aspects of your real estate business can you quickly check in on?
Can you make a couple of plans now?
If you’re able to identify 2-3 elements to zoom in on, could you reasonably organize a few small details while the kids are asleep, or while the house is quiet? Just a couple of pieces in place to help you focus, finish the summer season and prepare yourself for the final 5 months of this year?
If clock hours are on your to-do list, you’re invited to register for any & all of the 3 clock hour classes coming up between late September and early December at the Learning Lab, our real estate school:
10 Unboring Fall Clock Hours Are Available:
Marketing Remarks That Sell: September 20
Put more punch in your listing descriptions. (3 clock hours)
Best Year Ever 2018: October 18
A signature class that will take this mid-year check in to WORK. (4 clock hours)
Crisis-Free Cashflow: December 6
How to manage your real estate commission checks wisely. (3 clock hours)
Join us for fun, original, collaborative clock hour classes at the Learning Lab: Seattle’s (unboring) real estate school.